Sports Nutrition And Supplements to Improve your Performance
Sports Nutrition And Supplements can be taken the wrong way if you don’t know anything about them
You can sometimes hear others say that he must be taking a drug to get a body like that
But 99% of the time its just all about eating the right foods, exercising right and knowing what to put into your body
Now we all want to be the best we can be in our sport
And some people will do anything they can
Even going to the extreme of taking illegal steroids to make them bigger, stronger, fitter…
There’s no need to take that route
Our Ancestors Diets
You can either believe it or not but records show that man has always wanted to be athletic and sporty
In the early years though it was all about survival and to protect themselves
Then it went on to contests of skill, speed, and strength
Bringing us up to the present day where sports and exercising is where we show off our athleticism making us more competitive and wanting to increase our performance with the sports supplements that are being used by more and more people across the globe.
There are plenty of natural supplements on the market these days, and some not so natural but legal and safe to take as well as a regular training regime.
SO WHERE DO YOU START?
Looking back at what the Greeks and Romans ate from the evidence that has been found in the artifacts that have been dug up
They had a very varied diet of…
- Dried And Fresh Fruit
- And a Shed Load of Wine
One thing that early Greeks consumed more of is Olive Oil which has some brilliant health benefits if you have the right stuff and don’t go knocking back a bottle of Vegetable Oil
So with a balanced diet like the early man used to eat thousands of years ago combined with a really great Sports Nutrition Product then the modern day sports person has the perfect diet program
Moving With The Times
Moving on to the modern day where it is extremely important for sports men and women to achieve maximum strength and overall fitness
Along with a good diet and sports supplements which can make you into a demon in your chosen sport and a force to be reckoned with
Obviously, you are not going to achieve “Demon Status” with those things alone so what else do you think you need?
That’s right, an insane fitness program which you have to stick to otherwise it will all be for nothing
Without that combination, you won’t reach your full potential or be able to be the best that you can be
Want to See What a Diet of an Olympic Athlete Looks Like?
Strict Diet And Training Regime
So do we really need sports nutrition supplements?
Or are they just a marketing scam?
Surely just having plenty of water and a regular healthy diet is all you need, Right?…
I’m afraid you’re Wrong my friend!
Increasing Supplement Sales
The sales of sports supplements have been rising dramatically over the last few years and is expected to reach a whopping $45.75 billion by 2022 which is crazy!
If you need that extra boost whilst training for an important match then you might want to invest in some endurance sports nutrition products which you can look through HERE
So if you fancy getting into your physical perfection then you need that balanced diet, a proper training regime, and a little bit of sports nutrition just to put the icing on the cake!
As I mentioned earlier about the Greeks and the Romans, they knew what they were doing and got it spot on
So why don’t you?
It doesn’t matter what type of sports supplement that you choose to improve your performance
Whether it be pills, powder, snack bars, or drinks, they will all get you the results that you want and give you that edge over the opposition
Training & Diet
Training is definitely the main, and best way to get better at any sports
YOU ARE TRAINING!!!
Not everyone sticks to a strict balanced diet while playing a sport
Not even the pros
So adding more nutrition to your weekly diet through the form of powders, pills, shakes, smoothies, oils and even health bars are becoming more and more of “the norm” for budding new sports stars
Or even if you just play to keep fit
We all know what is good for you, and what is bad but here is just a small list of some supplements and nutrition that you can take, and their benefits
9 Best Sports Nutrition
Let’s start off with good old Council Pop
It’s an obvious one but not everyone understands the benefits of just drinking plain WATER
- Our brains are mostly water, so drinking plenty will help you focus and be more alert on the field.
- Reduces hunger so you don’t have to stuff your faces, raises your metabolism and helps remove by-products of fat.
- Flushes toxins and gets rid of waste from your body through sweat and urination.
- It has to be the best anti-ageing treatment that is out there, so if you are knocking on a bit you can still look that little bit younger?
- Prevents headaches + back pain. And also keeps your joints lubricated helping to prevent cramps and sprains
- Last but not least…..It’s FREE!!! Even if it’s bottled, it’s still cheaper than that fizzy crap!
2. Coconut Oil
Extracted from the flesh of a coconut, COCONUT OIL has loads of health benefits for you
- Gives you more energy and endurance, which is exactly what you need for either 80 or 90 minutes of running around a pitch.
- It reduces hunger so you won’t have to snack on a chocolate bar before the game.
- Improves digestion breaking down foods almost immediately after consuming.
- And reduces belly fat so you are over 40s don’t have to breathe in whilst trying to chase after the football.
Believe it or not, this next one you can get at your local corner shop…CAFFEINE
Yes, a nice cup of black coffee is just what the doctor ordered apparently
- Accelerates fat loss. Causes fat cells to be used as an energy source
- Increases performance and improves focus keeping workouts productive and effective
- Decreases muscle pain meaning you can run faster and longer during cardio workouts.
4. Green Supplements
GREEN SUPPLEMENTS are basically vegetables, fruit, algae, and grasses all compacted down into either a powder or tablet form which can either be taken on its own or added to a healthy smoothie
It contains vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytonutrients
- Helps digestion.
- Reduces cravings for sweet things.
- Also gives you a healthier heart.
I wouldn’t recommend just taking these and using them as a substitute for actual fruit and veg, but as well as your 5 a day
EAT YOUR GREENS!!
5. Vitamin D
VITAMIN D, Also known as the sunshine vitamin because it is produced in the skin when it is exposed to sunlight
I live in Wales so I don’t see a lot of sunshine
- Makes your bones stronger and healthier.
- Supports lung function and cardio health.
- Helps weight loss.
- Reduces high blood pressure.
6. Fish Oil
FISH OIL is full of OMEGA3 and is some pretty good stuff considering it comes from something that swims in its own p##s and s##t!
- Speeds up workout recovery.
- Boosts reaction times.
- Helps burn excess fat.
- Makes your bones stronger.
- Makes your muscles work better.
PROBIOTICS are live friendly bacteria which help fend off harmful bacteria and parasites in the body and are found in many things these days, from yogurt to chocolate….
Yes, I said chocolate.
- Keeps your cholesterol levels low.
- They detox your colon and help with regular bowel movements.
- Stops bloating, diarrhea and constipation.
Whatever people might believe, CREATINE is extremely safe to use
It is a natural supplement to help boost athletic performance and build muscle and strength
- Muscle cells produce more energy creating more muscle mass.
- Improves exercise performance.
- Lowers blood sugar levels.
- Can improve brain function
- Reduces fatigue and tiredness.
9. Protein Powder
PROTEIN POWDER is used if you don’t eat enough protein and used a lot by people who visit the gym regularly
There are 3 main types which are whey, soy, and casein but whey is the most popular
- Some can help you lose weight and gain lean muscle.
- Help improve sporting injuries quicker (muscular)
- Reduces hunger so you won’t fancy scoffing a burger.
- Increases size and strength.
- Reduces stress.
To Sum Things Up
All these I have mentioned are not a balanced diet and should not replace food altogether
But used in the right way and with plenty of training, exercise, rest and regular healthy and nutritious meals you will soon be on your way to being the best you can be at your sport
If you have any questions about this post or would like to share your thoughts about Sports Nutrition & Supplements
Then please leave a comment below and join in the discussion.
The Very Best of Luck to You