Sports Glasses For Kids: Best 5 to Buy For Any Sport
I have been a Rugby coach for a few years now and have seen many players that need to wear glasses
One of my sons also plays football so I have seen my fair share of players who need to wear them there
I have also seen boys and girls saying they cant play the game because they wear glasses!!!
Ever heard of Sports Glasses For Kids?
How many times have I heard that they cant play because they have to wear them?
What do you mean you can’t play sports because you wear glasses???
Did you know that most clubs won’t let you play without the proper eyewear if you wear prescription athletic glasses?Sports
Sports Glasses For Kids
More Kids Who Wear Glasses Should Play Sports
It’s beginning to be the norm now seeing someone wear sports glasses on the football field or any other type of sports venue, and so it should!
There used to be a time years ago that if you had to wear glasses because you had less than 20/20 vision you would rarely be seen on the pitch for fear of them falling off
But with there being options now to either wear some sort of designer glasses that are specifically made to play sports or contact lenses there is no need to worry about things like that
What would you prefer to wear?
I personally couldn’t put a tiny bit of plastic onto my eyeball, but whatever floats your boat
If you were to opt for the sports glasses you can be sure they will be securely fixed as they come with a wrap-around headband that’s attached to the glasses to make them stay on
This funny video of footballers playing with virtual reality glasses on is a must watch
This is what it would look like if you played football without your prescription glasses on!
Sorry, no Subtitles
What Are Sports Glasses?
They come in many different varieties of sizes and shapes so there is plenty of options out there for even the fussiest of people who have to have everything “designer”
And most sports glasses frames are designed for both prescription and non prescription lenses giving the option for anyone to wear the protective eyewear which has greatly decreased the number of eye injuries that occur in sports
Don’t worry about them getting damaged
They have been designed to withstand a bit of a battering as most of the lenses are made out of polycarbonate which is quite a strong material
And the glasses frames in sports are made out of impact resistant materials and specifically designed for each sport that they are needed for so make sure you get the correct ones
Getting it Right
You also need to make sure that the fit is perfect as you don’t want them so loose that they fall off
But at the same time you don’t want them too tight that they cut off the circulation to your brain
A bit of giving is ok and if they are for a child they need to be measured every once in a while because their head is still growing so they still feel comfortable to wear
Don’t say I didn’t warn you about them being too tight if your kids glasses makes their head start to look like an egg timer?
I don’t know much about prescription lenses but I do know that you have to get regular check-ups to make sure you have the correct lenses
So once you have the sports glasses frames you need to make sure that you get the correct lenses put in for your eyesight
They don’t have to be expensive either, there are plenty of styles out there that look like proper designer glasses but for a fraction of the price
There are a few glasses frames I would like to show you here so just take a look at the best sports glasses for sports
Best Sports Glasses For Kids
5. PONOSOON Sports Goggles
The PONOSOON are a classic pair to start off with and the hard frame and anti-fog lenses will ensure you are able to see everything you need to during a game
The lenses can be replaced for your correct prescription like all the other sport glasses here so you won’t have to worry about that
Pros & Cons of The PONOSOON Sport Glasses
- There are a couple of designs and colour’s if you get bored with the ones you have.
- You will get an EVA case with a hook to be able to keep it fixed to your sports bag and always have it close by you.
- They are windproof and dust-proof so you know they are going to protect your eyes.
- They don’t look like they are sports glasses from the future but they really do the job they were made for.
4. Great Pick Sport Glasses
And these Great Pick Sport Glasses are also made from a polycarbonate Lens but they can also be changed to a prescription lens.
Pros & Cons of The Great Pick Sport Glasses
- They really are a comfortable pair of glasses and will stick to your head like a second skin.
- The tough glasses frame will withstand a bit of a battering and still feel comfortable on your face.
- You can adjust and change the straps that come with them to get the comfort that you need.
- These sports glasses seem to be a bit on the large side for my liking but they will protect your eyes as good as any other pair on this list.
3. Heth Sports Glasses
The only reason that they are not number 1 on this list is that they don’t have a great price range that I like to stick to
But y are still a pair of glasses that you should be considering if you want to play sports
Pros & Cons of The Heth Sport Glasses
- They have an anti-fog dual lens which means that they won’t keep getting steamed up while you are in the middle of a game.
- The soft silicone nose pad will ensure that you are comfortable while you are wearing them.
- The adjustable elastic head strap will conform to your head perfectly if you play about with it to get it to fit your head.
- The frames of these glasses are quite bulky but they will protect your eyes brilliantly.
2. GGbuy Sports Glasses
I don’t think things are awesome very much but these are up there with the best of them
If you are an adult looking for sports glasses then forget about these as they are only created for children in mind
Pros & Cons of The GGbuy Sport Glasses
- These sports goggles have a durable silica gel inside the frames which helps the tough outer frame to protect your eyes.
- Not many people will want to do this but you can easily remove the headband if you want to play any sports without having the restrictive headband on there.
- They have a ventilation opening in the tough frame to help with poor visibility if they happen to steam up.
- The frames only come in one colour, but that is just me being petty.
1. Minci Sports Glasses
But that doesn’t mean that they will be the best for you
You need to make sure that you get everything that you need from the glasses frames that you buy and make sure they fit the sport that you play and also fit the head that you have
There isn’t a lot that I can say about these great kids glasses for sports without sounding like I’m in love with them, lol, but I genuinely have found the perfect pair of sports glasses for kids and I hope you take advantage of the deal that they have going on at the moment
Pros & Cons of The Minci Glasses
- They have a strong plastic lens frame that will be able to take a hit or two to the face, but god forbid that you don’t.
- If you can see the ridged plastic around the eye area, that is what will make the glasses stick to your face more than the other glasses that I have show you and stop all debris flying into your eyes.
- There genuinely isn’t a pair of glasses that does the job as well as these Minci Sports glasses do.
- There’s not many bad things I can say about these glasses apart from them only coming in one colour which might be annoying to some people.
Before You go
The two Ewin makes above can come with an attachable head strap to keep them from falling off.
I have only shown you a few options that I think are value for money but there are hundreds of others to choose from if you just click here
So if there’s any other information you need about these designer glasses frames for sports don’t hesitate to ask and I will gladly get back to you straight away.