Protein Shakes For Football Players: The Best to Improve Your Performance
Bulk up Bitches!!!
So what are the Best Protein Shakes For Football Players?
Every footballer should have a balanced diet as well as a strict exercise regime if they want to make it as a professional player
And the correct foods and supplements can make or break you
Table of Content
Before you take a look at what protein shakes for football players you should be using
What Food do Footballers Eat?
Its all about a balanced diet and not going overboard with junk food
I like a kebab as much as the next person but I couldn’t eat them all the time
But saying that…
Every once in a while won’t hurt too much either
You want to stick to basic carbs which are still in the raw state
When I say raw, I don’t mean grab a potato from the bag and start chomping on it like an apple
I mean that they shouldn’t be stripped of their natural form too much
So if you are going to eat a potato
The worst thing to do is to chip it and fry it
Ok, it’s still a carb but with all that added crap to go with it
You can’t go wrong with eating them boiled
Here’s a list of some GOOD carbs
- Whole Fruits: You should know what a piece of fruit is and what is good for you but if not you can take a look at the Top 20 Healthiest Fruits on The Planet courtesy of healthline.com
- Seeds: I’m not telling you to have a handful of seeds and that’s you fed until your next meal, but seeds like Sunflower, Chia, or Sesame added to a healthy pasta or salad will boost your energy and do you the world of good.
- Vegetables: Even if you still push them to one side of your plate like you used to when you were younger, or mash them up so your parents would think you have eaten them, all vegetables are an excellent source of carbs and should be eaten daily if you can.
- Whole Grains: You can forget the white fried rice that you have from the takeaway. There are some really tasty healthier options out there like Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Buckwheat, and of course, you have your Wholewheat Pasta and Bread.
- Nuts: Having healthy nuts is probably a man’s main priority (read into that what you may) some nuts are the healthiest foods you would ever eat, such as, Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts, and Brazil Nuts.
You might be thinking that eating fatty foods are going to ruin your well-trained body
And to a point, you would be right
There are, however, some fatty foods that are good for you
- Dark Chocolate: When you hear the word chocolate, you would instantly think of an unhealthy snack, wouldn’t you?… Yes, you would, but apparently, studies have shown that people who eat Dark chocolate 5 or more times a week are less likely to die from heart diseases than people who don’t eat any at all. It can lower your blood pressure because of some of the antioxidants that are in it. It has more antioxidants than blueberries, believe it or not, just make sure it is made with 70% or more cocoa.
- Full-Fat Yoghurt: Proper full-fat yoghurt isn’t really as unhealthy as it sounds, OK, you might buy the low-fat kind, but it is still full of sugar which sort of defeats the object so you need to find some Real, Natural Yoghurt without any added sugar or preservatives.
- Olive Oil: Oil doesn’t sound at all healthy but drizzling a bit over your salads or cooking with it is so much better than using vegetable oil or a lump of lard wouldn’t you agree? Extra Virgin Oil is full of vitamins K and E, and the antioxidants will make it even more nutritious.
Proteins or Protein Shakes For Football Players?
Now comes the main ingredient, The Protein
There have been many an argument about whether protein shakes can compare, or even measure up to real proteins that we consume every day through the food we eat
And I’m pretty sure you are probably already well aware that you don’t just get your proteins from meats
There are plenty of vegetarian bodybuilders out there that do just fine without eating any meat
I personally couldn’t go without eating a nice piece of steak now and again but each to their own I suppose
Here are just a few ways to get some good proteins down your neck…
- Low-Fat Milk: Some people think that drinking milk is too fattening but sticking to skimmed or low-fat is so much better for your body. The protein that is in milk is 20% Whey and 80% Casein so it is pretty much the best muscle food that you can get.
- Lean Cut Meats: Lean cuts of Chicken, Turkey, and Beef are a huge source of protein if cooked correctly and not have it swimming in a load of oil. See how to cook meat the healthy way Here courtesy from everydayhealth.com
- Fish: Some fish have a huge source of protein providing you don’t get it battered and deep fried. Take a look at the Top 5 Fish or Seafood to Eat by bodybuilding.com that are high in protein.
The Benefits of Protein Shakes For Football Players
Protein is important to every cell of your body that you are trying to get into shape
Your body uses it to repair and build tissues
And not the kind you wipe your nose on
This is what Wikipedia has to say about protein
Your body also uses it to make hormones, enzymes and other body chemicals making it an important part of your daily intake of fuel
Even though you don’t train or exercise your hair and nails they are mostly made up of protein
So not only will your body look and feel great on the field
If your body has a sufficient amount of protein you will have a lovely mop of hair and nails a woman would die for
SNAP, SNAP!!! YOU GO, GIRL!!!
Protein is also a very important building block for muscles, bones, cartilage, blood and skin
The body doesn’t store protein as it does with fat and carbohydrates
So to think you can sit there all day ramming steaks down you all day then think again!
You actually don’t need as much as protein as you think
What Should I Eat Before Playing Football?
You might want to pig out on junk food before the game but that’s not going to do you any good
Stick to a healthy option of something like pasta with a low-fat dressing and a fruit salad, nothing too heavy
You are going to need fuel full of energy to be able to perform at your best
What Should I Eat After Playing Football?
If you’re like me after playing football then you won’t feel like eating anything
But you are going to have to so that your body can stimulate the growth of new muscles
And also to help rebuild your muscle proteins that have been broken down by all the movement you have gone through during the game
And it doesn’t matter what position you play, you are still going to be burning off a lot of energy and much-needed nutrition
It means going back to the list I gave above and really think about what you are putting into your bodies
Get your minds out of the gutters, I meant eating food!
Best Protein Shakes For Football Players
Comes in 4 Delicious Flavours
- Cookies and Cream
- Birthday Cake
- Chocolate Truffle
- Caramel Cheesecake
Now I’ve only tried number 1 and number 3 so I’m not quite sure what the birthday cake or caramel cheesecake ones taste like
Some Quick Details About The Predator Whey Protein
- Unique flavours formulated by gourmet flavour house
- High in BCAAs which is a key amino acid which stimulates muscle growth
- Combines both benefits of Whey concentrate and Whey isolate in the one tub
- Highest quality whey protein blend for faster recovery
- Rich in Whey micro fractions which enhance immunity and recovery
- Predator Whey digests quickly and builds lean muscle rapidly
For the price, you are paying you are getting an awesome deal
Not only will you get the whey protein powder, but you also get the recovery powder drink for free
The whey protein works out as the only £0.57p per serving so you will be getting great value for money here
And another thing, if you spend £100 or more you will get a free £50 gift pack
Here is a link to the ingredients and directions of use if you need to find out if you are allergic to anything before taking it.
How to Make a Protein Shake Without Protein Powder
If you are looking for a very cost effective alternative, however, check out this short video to be able to make your own shake without the protein powder
Final Thoughts on Protein Shakes For Football Players
So what do you think of Protein Shakes For Football Players?
I can’t help but think that you are going to take one look at this and think you need more time to decide if it’s for you
Of course, it’s a big purchase that you need time to think about
And you would be stupid if you just bought the first protein shake you found online
But ask yourself this…
Do you want to get the best protein shake with the best results?
Of course, you do so you would be stupid thinking that you could get anything else better at the price you would be paying for
Take some time thinking about what you need to get into the best shape you want
Then come back here when you realise you won’t get a better deal anywhere else
If there’s any question that you want to ask about this product
Just leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP