Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate Review
The only Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate Review that you need to read today
The fact that people these days can’t even go to the toilet without seeing how many steps they have taken or calories that they have burned
I thought I would get myself a Fitbit to see what all the fuss is about
Sportsmen and women all over the world are tracking this and tracking that
And I suppose its a good thing to see if you have finally walked off that burger meal you just ate
But as a rugby coach I see all these rugby players wearing them to keep an eye on their fitness and I have to admit they are actually exercising more with them than they did without them
Here’s The Official Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate Video
How Reliable Are Fitbits?
To get the most accurate reading from your fitbit it is advised that you wear them just an inch or two above the wrist but even though the fitbit has been getting more accurate over the years, there’s only so much technology you can fit into a wristband
If you want to read more about how reliable they are then you can check out This Post by wearablezone.com
Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate Review
FITBIT CHARGE 2 PRICE
It’s not very surprising that the fitbit charge 2 was going to be one of the top selling fitbits on the market after the original Charge and Charge HR proved to be so popular and all their best features were taken out and put into the newest edition
Fitbit Charge 2 Size Guide
Getting the right size fitbit charge 2 is quite simple
All you have to do is to measure around the wrist that you want to wear it on and choose according to the measurement’s
The fitbit charge 2 sizes are…
- Small – 5.5 inches up to 6.7 inches
- Medium – 6.7 inches up to 8.1 inches
- Large – 8.1 inches up to 9.3 inches
Who is it For?
If you want a fitbit for just running then this isn’t for you as its only downfall in my eyes is that it doesn’t have a built in GPS so you could get lost while out on your run
Unless you are using a running machine or incline trainer at home
Apart from that, this fitbit can be used by absolutely anybody that wants to keep track of their fitness and sleeping patterns
It has a much bigger screen and quite a bit thicker than the Charge HR so if you liked the fact that the HR was so compact then you might not be a fan of the Charge 2
With it being a touchscreen which is a new feature for the Charge, it seems a bit more advanced but can be a bit selective when it comes to choosing from the list
Fitbit Charge 2 Features
- Pureplus Heart Rate : No need to wear an uncomfortable chest strap with the wrist based heart rate tracking.
- All-Day Activity Tracking : Track everything from your steps, distance, calories burned, hourly activity, active minutes and even how many floors you have climbed.
- Auto Sleep Tracking : You can set a silent vibrating alarm and automatically track how long and well you sleep through the night.
- Auto Exercise Recognition : The SmartTrack will automatically recognizes your selected exercises and records them for you in the fitbit app.
- Connected GPS : Even though it hasn’t got a built in GPS you can still connect it to the GPS on your phone to see real time stats like distance and pace and record a map of your route.
Pros & Cons of The Fitbit
- The sleep tracker is spot on.
- Imports your texts from your phone.
- Gives you a heads up when your phone is ringing and its nowhere near you.
- Has a built in altimeter.
- The software is top notch.
- The design and look is perfect and the special editions shown below are gorgeous.
- It’s only water resistant, not waterproof.
- I personally thought the strap was uncomfortable.
- Took me a bit of time to get used to wearing it.
- Not the best alarm and I haven’t figured how to change it yet.
Overall it’s one of the best and accurate fitbits I have used to date but I hate the fact you have to connect it to your phone for the GPS
MY RANKING : 94/100
WHERE TO BUY : Amazon
COLOURS : BLACK, BLUE, PLUM & TEAL. The special edition colours are BLACK GUNMETAL and LAVENDER ROSE GOLD
Before You Run Off
If theres anything else you would like to know about this Charge 2 FITBIT just drop me a question below and I will gladly get back to you.